Thursday, November 1, 2007

fresh tofu

I found myself in the valley yesterday and that meant one thing: Vinh Loi Tofu

I crave Vinh Loi constantly and luckily my husband works close by and brings take-out home from there on a regular basis. For some unknown reason I've never bought ingredients there, just the prepared stuff. That ends now. Becuase the tofu I bought and used in my green curry tonight was the best tofu ever and far superior than that waterlogged crap at the grocery store.

Behold:



It fried up so nicely that I kept eating the little triangles before it was time to add them to the curry. The texture is firm without being too dense and it doesn't require pressing (yay for having to do less work!). The Vinh Loi tofu doesn't need to be stored in water and lasts three days in the fridge. I forsee all of my tofu dishes becoming 100x better just by using this tofu. Oh yeah, and it's only $1.50 for a one pound block.

Dinner:






Vinh Loi tofu, I love you.

No comments: