Tuesday, June 23, 2009

time for a pizza party



That right there is a Cruzer pizza that was consumed in the back seat of my car. If I would have waited a minute longer to take the photo, there would be no more pizza left. Cruzer is using the Daiya cheese on it's vegan pizzas and it's the best vegan cheese I've tried. Maybe "the best" isn't quite the right descriptor, as I'll continue to use Follow Your Heart and Playfood (if it's ever available again) in certain recipes. Perhaps "most like the gooey, salty, and greasy ass glue found on the kind of low-rent pizzas advertised by people waving signs on street corners during rush hour" is more accurate.

This is the vegan version of the cheese I consumed on pizzas and quesdillas and nachos and carne asada fries and all other sorts of foods I ate in my young pre-vegan life. In other words, the stuff that made me fat. I must tread lightly around this Daiya cheese. It's not health food by any stretch but still better than dairy. I want to have a pizza party with a stack of Cruzer pizzas with extra Daiya cheese and vegan pepperoni, a bunch of 2-liter bottles of root beer, paper cups and paper plates. I never thought I could have a vegan grade-school style pizza party till now.

2 comments:

pweny said...

My neighbor is addicted to Cruzer...

veganpitbull said...

Vegan neighbor?